What you need to know about Jumbo Hotfixes
As a rule of thumb please follow the advises below regarding installation of Jumbo Hotfixes:
- Always create a backup or snapshot (or both) before you install a Jumbo Hotfix.
- Make sure you are running a supported release to be able to receive new Jumbo Hotfix Takes.
- Make sure you are using the latest Deployment Agent (CPUSE) build.
- Be aware that a Jumbo Hotfix will resolve known issues but that it also might introduce new ones. Therefore, it’s preferred to use the General Available (GA) take instead of the Ongoing take to minimise that risk. You can also search Support Center and use the phrase “after installing jumbo hotfix” to find SK’s regarding issues with the Take you are about to install.
- Be aware that a Jumbo Hotfix may add new functionality or make changes in existing functionality. So, please do read the List of Resolved Issues and New Features of the Jumbo Hotfix Take you are about to install.
- Read the Important Notes of the Jumbo Hotfix for your release. It may include critical information you need to know before you install the selected Jumbo Hotfix Take.
- If you are upgrading to a higher release, make sure to read sk164258 – Compatibility of Jumbo HFA Takes between different releases.
- If you need a previous GA take of the Jumbo Hotfix you can still download it if it’s a supported release from sk174185 – Download Archive of General Availability Jumbo Hotfix Accumulators (you need to sign in).
- Perform a verify on the Jumbo Hotfix Take you are about to install to make sure it does not conflict with an installed (custom) hotfix. Follow the instructions and contact Check Point TAC if CPUSE finds issues that prevent installation of the selected Jumbo Hotfix Take. If a custom hotfix is installed you might need to contact Check Point TAC to receive a portfix, which is a ported version of that custom hotfix for the Jumbo Hotfix you are about to install. If you’re lucky it’s already integrated in the new Jumbo Hotfix Take.
- With Fresh Installs install the Jumbo Hotfix only after you successfully completed the Gaia First Time Configuration Wizard and performed a reboot.
- Stay up-to-date. Always install the latest GA Take of the Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for your release.
- Only install an Ongoing Take of the Jumbo Hotfix if there is a specific need or when advised by Check Point TAC.
- Install the same Take of the Jumbo Hotfix on all cluster members.
- Install the same Take of the Jumbo Hotfix on all Multi-Domain Servers in High-Availability to maintain the sync between all Multi-Domain Servers.
- Read sk98028 – Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator FAQ.
Below you’ll find important links for Jumbo Hotfix Accumulators of the current supported releases. Note that End-of-Support is announced for R80.20 and R80.30. Support for these releases will end on 30 September 2022.